The TPC (Trst-Poreč-Kanfanar/Canfanaro) used to be a 123.1km long narrow-gauge railway between 33 Istrian towns, but today it connects the territory of the three countries Italy, Croatia, and Slovenia. Experiencing Istria on sections of the line or along the entire route will be even more memorable if you do it by bike.
The bike tour takes us along a section of old track between Lucija and Motovun, the most scenic part of the route. We travel through the beautiful Istrian countryside past the typical Istrian towns of Buje, Grožnjan and Motovun, across numerous viaducts and bridges, and even through unlit tunnels!
The route takes us first around the Seča Peninsula to the heart of the Sečovlje salt pans. Here we cross the border into Croatia and climb up to Savudrija, then we head towards Buje and gradually ascend towards Grožnjan, which is the highest point of the tour. We have time for a look around Grožnjan and then get back on our bikes. The track gradually descends towards Livade, which is an interesting section of cycling, and in Livade, the village of truffles, we find the Parenzana Museum. From here we again begin to climb towards Motovun, where, beneath the town, we ride through the longest tunnel on our route. This completes our ride; time for a late lunch/early dinner!
- By the arrangement.
- Starts at 5.30 infront of the market in Mojstrana (we can pick you up on the way), arrival at aprox. 9 p.m. to Mojstrana.
7-8 h + 500vm height gain + 60 km.
Technical datas of whole Parenzana cycling path.
- lenght 123 km
- number of bridges 11
- number of viaducts 6
- number of tunnels 8
- number of train stations. 32
- Mountain od trekking bike. Widht of wheels min from 1,5 inch on.
- E- bikes rental. If you want to go with E-bike.
- Equipment: mountain bike with tyre width at least 1.90, helmet, identity card for the border crossing, sunglases, bike shoes and clothes, suntan lotion, spare tyre, small bacpack.
Number of participants
- Min. 5., max. 7 persons per van + guide + driver.
- Age of participants: adults and children up from 14 years.
- 95 €
- Include: bike rental (not E-bike), transfer, guiding, water, dessert, cost for guide and driver.
- In case of 4 people price 30% higher.
- In price NOT included: E-bike rental, food.
- Trip will be changed in case of hard rain.